I am a Canberra researcher and freelance writer with substantial experience in advocacy, policy and organising and managing projects, including handling budgets and finances. I have worked in various offices for a small business, a university and in the parliamentary, political, government and non-government sectors.
My services include:
Researching, writing, editing and proofreading; making copy easily understood, and tailoring messages to suit particular audiences. I am familiar with developing frameworks and structures for reports, distilling information from lengthy documents, reporting on meetings and conferences/seminars, and managing and organising projects.
Forms of writing and subjects:
I have written advocacy briefs, discussion papers, feature articles, ministerial briefs, contracts, media releases, newsletters, policy documents, reports, speeches, submissions, enterprise agreements and tender documents on subjects including aged care and health, child protection, community services and associated issues, the environment, family law, homelessness, status of women, Australia’s veterans, and Forgotten Australians.
Some previous workplaces include:
- National Rural Health Alliance
- Alliance for Forgotten Australians
- Senate Community Affairs References Committee
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Department of Health
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Offices of a number of federal parliamentarians
My other activities include:
- freelance writing
- member of the: ACT Writers’ Centre; Media, Entertainment and Arts Alliance; and Health Care Consumers’ Association of the ACT
- reading/writing tutor for children through Barnardos (voluntary position).
I have a BA/journalism with an elective major in legal studies and a graduate diploma in environmental law.
PO Box 4214
Weston Creek ACT 2611
Mobile: 0412 153 967
For further information, see Canberra Snippets